1. Read the lyrics.
2. Listen to the song, while reading the lyrics again.
3. Read the lyrics aloud, alone or in pairs.
4. Speaking: Look at the lyrics. Ask and / or answer the following questions.
Work alone or with a partner. Don’t write anything down.
5. Listen to the song again and fill in the Gaps exercise.
1. What happens when you get older
2. Will it happen soon?
3. What does he hope to receive then? 3 things
4. When would she lock the door?
5. What are the next two questions?
6. At what age?
7. Which person will be older too?
8. What could happen if she says the word?
9. He could be handy, doing what and when?
10.What can she do by the fireside?
11.What can they do on a Sunday morning
12.What could they be doing in the garden?
13.Are they happy with that?
14.What can they do every summer?
15.Will it be easy to pay for the holidays?
16.Where will the grandchildren be?
17.What are their names?
18.What would he like to receive?
19.What would he expect to be written on it?
20.What must she indicate precisely?
21.What name does he give himself after Yours sincerely?
22.What answer does he expect in the form?
Grammar: adjective / adverb Indicate precisely what you mean to say.
Listen to and read about: When I'm 64
1. How was Paul influenced by his father?
2. What did the family do in the fifties?
3. When did Paul write this song?
4. Did the other member of the Beatles like this song?
5. Which unusual instruments were used on this recording?
Writing: Imagine how your life will be when you are 64, in
about 64 words.